The New Makers by Veuve Clicquot
Last June, Veuve Clicquot brought together 13 bold and creative chefs from around the world and invited them to work together to create a Champagne brunch in a kitchen overlooking the vineyards. Fancy cooking like a trained chef? Come with Grappers to take a look at this new concept.
We head off to Verzy, a small village in the heart of the Montagne de Reims to learn more about Veuve Clicquot's new concept: "The New Makers Collective". Intriguing, right? The Champagne House brought together 13 iconic personalities from the world of cuisine for a weekend exploring the world of Champagne. The purpose of the event? To cook, invent, improvise and be inspired!
Have you seen Top Chef on the telly? Then you'll certainly recognise Jean Imbert and Mory Sacko as well as Eyal Shani, Stéphane Abby, Sabrina Goldin, Héloïse Brion (Miss Maggie's Kitchen), Charles Compagnon, Victoria Effantin (Mamiche), Stefano Cavada, Irene Berni, Mike Sonier, Elena and Ana Arce, who combined their talents in an open-air kitchen. With boundless energy, they created new recipes based on the "Fresh take on Champagne" and "nomadic cuisine" themes.
Prepare a chef-style brunch
Now that you get the idea, go ahead and impress your friends!
Pairings with the Brut Rosé :
By Mory Sacko & Eyal Shani
• Beef and fatty tuna in Dashi
By Mike Sonier, Stéphane Aby & Jean Imbert
• Cedar-infused wood-grilled beef & roasted carrots
• Langoustine with garlic butter on the fire
• Wood-grilled Galette
• Lobster sauce, wild strawberries, chanterelles, almonds and Champagne Veuve Clicquot Rosé
By Mory Sacko
• Temari sushi with sakura, sea bream & champagne sauce
Pairings with the Brut Carte Jaune :
By Stefano Cavada & Elena Arce
• Mini Focaccia Galore & Apricot Crostata
By Héloïse Brion, Irene Berni, Sabrina Goldin & Mamiche
• Assorted summer salads and Veuve Clicquot Focaccia
• Crayfish with garlic on a bed of green asparagus and Foccacia Mamiche
• Spring tart with cream and roasted rhubarb
You’ll find all the recipes (and much more) here : https://www.veuveclicquot.com/fr-fr/the-new-makers